The Word Forest Organisation is a UK based charity that plants trees, builds classrooms, facilitates education, and supports a women’s empowerment group in Kenya. It also raises environmental awareness and plants trees in the UK too.
Our Charitable Objects
Our constitution specifies our charitable objects as follows:
To promote sustainable development for the benefit of the public in countries in countries to be determined by the Trustees by:
(a) the preservation, conservation and the protection of the environment and the prudent use of
(b) the relief of poverty and the improvement of the conditions of life in socially and economically disadvantaged communities.
Planting trees in Kenya, raising environmental awareness and improving the health of our planet for all its inhabitants.
- Create nurseries and plant new trees on deforested land
- Construct and equip educational buildings in impoverished Kenyan communities
- To twin Kenyan schools with UK schools and reduce the environmental educational gap between them
- To encourage everyone to take more personal responsibility for keeping the planet healthy
- To share environmental wisdom and biocentric scientific data in respect of reforestation
- Empower community educators to raise awareness of forestry guardianship and wider environmental issues
- Commitment to operating as an environmentally conscious, sustainable and ethical organisation
- Shared passion to educate society to be better guardians of the earth
- Optimism for a more fairly educated world that has environmentalism and good ethics at the fore
- Respect for Mother Nature and a desire to protect the planet, its inhabitants and natural resources
- Belief in the importance of maintaining a healthy work/life balance
Our board are an environmentally-driven group of ordinary people, actively striving to improve the planet’s health and help communities living at the sharp end of climate change.