It was founded in the wake of us all experiencing the planet’s hottest ever recorded temperatures in September, October and November 2016; notably also the hottest year globally in over 120 years of record keeping. As at November 2016, our planet is perched on the edge of a 1.5°C global increase in temperature, well over halfway towards exceeding the Paris climate talks agreement of limiting warming to less than 2°C by 2100.
Planting trees and raising environmental awareness, improving the health of our planet and all its inhabitants.
- Create nurseries and plant new trees on deforested land
- Construct and equip educational buildings in impoverished Kenyan communities
- To encourage everyone to take more personal responsibility for keeping the planet healthy
- To share environmental wisdom and biocentric scientific data in respect of reforestation
- Empower community educators to raise awareness of forestry guardianship and wider environmental issues
- Commitment to operating as an environmentally conscious, sustainable and ethical organisation
- Shared passion to educate society to be better guardians of the earth
- Optimism for a more fairly educated world that has environmentalism and good ethics at the fore
- Respect for Mother Nature and a desire to protect the planet, its inhabitants and natural resources
- Belief in the importance of maintaining a healthy work/life balance
Our board are an environmentally-driven group of ordinary people, actively striving to improve the planet’s health and help communities living at the sharp end of climate change.
In May 2014, sustainable living author Tracey West came up with an idea for a unique writing contest. She wanted to plant a tree for every entry and send people the GPS coordinates for…
The Word Forest Organisation founders, Tracey and Simon West, run an ethical publishing house called Magic Oxygen. In the spring of 2014, they launched a pioneering global writing…
We’d love to hear from you!
Take your pick for how to do it and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can…