Our amazing corporate partners at the Phat Pasty Co, have joined forces with Hampshire County Council Catering Services (HC3S) and Word Forest, to launch an exciting flash fiction and short story competition, for young students in Hampshire, Wiltshire and Dorset!
The contest is open to primary school pupils where the Hampshire County Council Catering Services provide school meals. Students must centre their creative entries around this year’s theme, as chosen by HC3S: how the food we eat affects the planet.
- Why they eat what they eat
- What impact this has on the planet
- What would they like to change about what food they, or others, eat
Entries that do the best job of wowing the panel of judges, will win a £25 book token prize in each of the age ranges and the respective winning schools will receive a £150 bundle of books for their library. There will also be runner up prizes for highly commended writers and entries with the highest scores will be showcased online.
The competition will be judged by a team, including:
- Soil Association Food for Life Served Here
- Hampshire Library Service
- Laura Clark: Co-founder The Phat Pasty Company: the contest sponsor
- Tracey West: CEO The Word Forest Organisation: charity partner
- Love British Food Ambassadors, including founder Alexia Robinson
- Lizzie Carr: Plastic Patrol
- Candice Brown: Great British Bake Off Winner 2016
The competition is free to enter and it closes on Friday 31st January at 5pm.
Good luck one and all!