Our supporters are amazing and we’re not going to add to your financial pressures by asking for more donations. You already know about the great work we’re doing to mitigate the other existential threat we live with: climate chaos – if you are able to help, we know you will.
We’re offering a hassle free, environmentally friendly way to help us, at ZERO COST to you!
Our wonderful partners at Recycling For Good Causes are offering three options for you to send them a variety of unwanted or broken items, including jewellery (gold, silver and costume) and unwanted, unusable foreign banknotes, or stamps, via any Royal Mail postbox for small donations and in a large sack for big ones!
Your items will be recycled and a cheque for the proceeds will be sent to us. If you’d like acknowledgement by email that your envelope has been received, just pop your name and email address inside the envelope with your donations.
The postal services you can use, depend upon the quantity of items you have to send.
- A Small Self-Pack
If you have a few small items you’d like to donate, just pop them into an envelope no bigger than A5 and print and attach the label below. If you don’t have access to a printer and would like us to send you a label just drop us a line.
- We accept the following items in Self-Pack envelopes:
- Jewellery & Watches in any material even if damaged or broken
- Foreign or UK Banknotes (even out of circulation ones)
Loose, single, albums, first day covers, presentation packs, collections, postcard collections. Please send these in a plain or padded envelope, no larger than A4 in size to the address below, adding the correct postage before sending, to:
The Word Forest Organisation
PO Box 16992
- A Larger Recycling Project
If you have a considerably larger amount of items to send and the weight is between 10kg to 30kg Recycling for Good Causes will be happy to send you a lightweight sack, free of charge, to put your items in.
- When it’s ready for collection, call them on 0800 633 5323 or fill in their online form and they’ll arrange collection, free of charge, at a convenient time for you.
- It’s that simple and there is no further commitment.
- You can donate a much wider range of items in the recycling project sacks:
- Jewellery and Watches – in any material, even if damaged or broken
- Currency – any coins or banknotes, UK and foreign, even if out of circulation
- Mobile Phones – in any condition
- Cameras – any condition, old film style or digital, or video
- Stamps – loose, single, albums, first day covers, presentation packs, collections, postcard collections
- Gadgets – working or broken Sat-Navs, Ipods, MP3 players, games consoles, games and accessories
Fundraising is never easy and right now, it’s harder than ever before. Every person and every business is being squeezed by this pandemic and for charities like Word Forest, it’s having severe social and economic consequences on our work.
By having a good old clear out, you’ll be able to help us plug our financial gaps by turning your rubbish into a gratefully welcomed resource!